Effective internet marketing for any business often starts with SEO, that is, Search Engine Optimization. Google is constantly updating its search algorithms in order to connect customers to the most relevant results. This can make it difficult for small, local businesses to stand out among the top pages. Local SEO services provide a way for physical businesses to improve their online website rankings. By branding your company to a specific location, you become visible and relevant to customers in your area. Targeted keywords and educational content help boost businesses among the top ranks.This roots you into a community and connects you to an ideal local customer. Local SEO services typically include the following:
Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Safari use keywords to link potential customers with websites. Keyword research is one of the most valuable steps in your SEO process. In order to have effective keywords they need to:
- Be Targeted and Timely: Avoid short or overly broad keywords for your local business. It is important to target long-tail keywords, which are highly specific phrases. As a result, these are more descriptive and personal to your unique services.
- Have High Conversion Potential: A good keyword can draw in leads and convert them into clients. Choose a keyword that is specific, but popular enough to drive traffic.
- Increase Site Rankings: The ultimate goal of targeted keywords is to get your business ranked on search engines, directories and reviews. The more visible your business is, the more traffic you are going to get.
Consistent content like blogs can be the key to a company’s success. Targeted content or blog posts can drive shares on social media as well as traffic to your website. Here are other ways that good content can boost your business:
- Link building: Content provides a valuable way to internally link within the website. This keeps potential leads engaged with your services and more likely to spend time on the website.
- Actionable: Include a Call To Action (CTA) in each content piece to make it actionable. Whether you are redirecting them to a survey, a free download or a consultation, CTA’s will help improve lead generation.
- Encourage backlinks: Backlinks are hyperlinks to your website from a separate website. Quality content will be linkable and shareable, all increasing the probability of generating backlinks. Google’s algorithm takes this into account to determine the quality and importance of what you are offering.
Ultimately, your website is where you want leads to end up. It’s where their journey to conversion continues. If you aren’t getting traffic to your website, or are seeing a high level of bounces, your website may need to be optimized for local searches. These services will help increase your traffic and conversion rates:
- On page optimization: Maybe the content isn’t written in a way that is conducive to conversions. On page optimization evaluates the website to make sure the content is highly relevant, the links are all clickable, and that keywords are being targeted.
- Site redesign: Often local SEO services will include a site redesign if your website is not up-to-date or performing well. This includes optimizing for mobile devices and user experience.
- A/B testing: If you don’t know where the problem is, try split testing. Change one aspect of the website at a time. This could be colors, phrasing, or buttons. Track the changes and see how it is affecting the traffic through your website.
OCG Creative is here to help with any of your SEO and Reno web design needs. Call us, we’ll answer your questions. 775.324.1644.